Sunday 29 January 2012

Online Support Inc. - A Very warm thank you!

I would like to make a special mention of a company very dear to our hearts. Both DH and I have worked here, and I currently am still employed though I am on Mat leave at the moment. Anyway, I will try not to get too misty, and keep it short and sweet.

We advised my fellow co-workers of Lilybear's condition, and the treatment process involved. Some of our dear friends, and family that work there wanted to help us out, so they asked if we would be ok with them helping us with some fundraising to help with our travel expenses to take Lilybear to, and from the IWK in Halifax. We graciously said it would help us out, and accepted their offer. We expected a few dollars to help out, and we would be grateful for every penny. What we didn't know, was that OLS being the kind hearted, and loving people they are, got all nine of their sites involved, and not just the site that I work at!

Week after week I would receive a phone call from a wonderful Lady, we'll call her Lady S :). She would call me up, and say "I have another cheque here for you!" I would pack up the kiddies, and drive in to town to pick it up. Every time I picked one up, I had to wait till I was home to open it. The amount of money raised for us with every cheque melted my heart, and brought tears to my eyes. Most of these people didn't know us from a hole in the wall, but were willing to open their hearts, and give us the support we needed to make those weekly trips!

So a shout out to every beautiful soul at Online Support, from the bottom of our hearts we thank you! Your financial support, and thoughts and prayers have helped us more than I'm sure most of you will ever know! Thank you to everyone that donated, and for those of you that offered your time and efforts towards fundraising! Thank you to the management, and HR for allowing staff to fund raise, and donate for us!

So if you are in Atlantic Canada, or Ontario. . . and you would like to work for a company that truly cares about their staff. . . go to joinOLS.com and check them out. I like my job, but I love the people I work with, and work for!

No comments:

Post a Comment